Monday, March 29, 2010

Heritage Page

I haven't done a heritage page for a long time ... fortunately, I stumbled upon a challenge that got me going again. Of course, I couldn't have done this without the help of my friends, Rhonda and Cyndi, who 'enabled' me to get a set of Asian themed scrapbook kit from Big Lots. So I decided to scrap this picture of my parents that I absolutely LOVE!

I started with 2 pieces of patterned papers that I really love, and then added the embellishments one by one. After I was done, I thought it still lacked something.. I wanted to add something a bit more personal (in addition to the journaling) ... so I stamped the bird and the butterfly and hand-cut them as custom embellishments. I also found an Asian themed wooden stamp that I had for a long time about summer, and I made an image from that as well. Now it feels more complete:



Supplies list:
DCWV cardstock

Colorbok Scrapbook Kit
Making Memories Journaling Stamp
, Basic Grey Granola Stamp
Prima and K&Co Flowers

Making Memories vintage pins, ribbon charms, antique brads

Prima and K&Co Pearls and flower centers

Maya Road Coins
, OTC metal flowers
Prima ribbon


Blogged with the Flock Browser

No comments:

Post a Comment