Wednesday, February 1, 2023

Lunar New Year Card

Growing up, I loved celebrating Chinese New year with my family. I had such fond memories that I tried to create the same festive atmosphere at home for my kids with special food and decorations. 

However, this is my first year making a Lunar New Year card. The reason I decided to make one this year is because of Anna Griffin's Carte Canton Bleu Finishing Box. The blue vases in the kit reminded me of the beautiful antique vases that my parents had in their home. So I dressed the embellishments up with a little bit of red, pulled out my Chinese Greetings die cut set, together with a cherry blossom die from Hero Arts and Anna Griffin's 3D fantastic fan die and created the card. It is featured in Anna's blog in her Craftspiration - Jan 12, 2023 post.

The sentiment is in Chinese, meaning "blossoming flowers bringing good luck."





No comments:

Post a Comment