Sunday, February 13, 2011

Happy Chinese New Year!



This is the Year of the Rabbit.. hopefully I will be healthier this year. Since I'm recovering from a terrible cold/flu, I was not able to cook a feast for my family.. instead, I made the small snacks instead.

The small fryer is one of the best investment I've made last year. Deep-frying the sesame balls is so much easier with this appliance. I can also control the temperature of oil, which helps a great deal since these little dessert balls need to be fried with a medium heat. Otherwise, the sesame seeds will be burnt.



Besides making the usual rice noodle stir fry, I also made curry puffs for the first time. A friend of mine has shown me the secret - using store bought puff pastry sheets. I still have to work on getting the right taste of HK style curry, for this batch, I used a mixture of Korma curry with Japanese curry. I used minced beef, potatoes and peas and they taste great with the curry.

No comments:

Post a Comment