Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Valentine's Day Project



I wanted to make something 'sweet' for my little helpers.. besides those baked goods. I came across this beautiful sparkly ribbon that was on sale at Michael's and got an idea. Why not make something sweet with this ribbon that reminds me of frosting or icing?

I also needed a gift bag for the little puppy keychains I bought for my sweet ones. A while back, I was very excited to find a Sizzix XL die for making takeout boxes, and got even more excited when Cuttlebug came out with this new extended cutting pad that will allow users to use Sizzix XL die. I decided to make a gift box out of the takeout box. The die makes one half of the box only, so I had to run another strip of paper through again to make the other half. I also trimmed the top of one of the halves to make the top close easily.

I used a tape runner for gluing the box together, and it was not strong enough. A wet glue would work better in this case... or a couple of glue dots might do the trick. As for decorations, I used more stickers on one of the boxes, and used the Sizzix 3-D flower die to make the roses on the other box. The Imaginisce petal roller tool helped me roll up the petals easily to form the rose.

I hope my kids love these sweet treats.

Supplies List
Card:
Pink cardstock
Pink Stickles
Jolee's Boutique Valentine's stickers

Take-out box:
Pink cardstock
Sizzix XL takeout box die
Sizzix Bigz 3-D flower die
Cuttlebug with extended cutting pad
Jolee's Boutique Valentine's stickers
Pink Stickles

No comments:

Post a Comment