Friday, October 3, 2008

Silver Anniversary Clear Album

Our friends just celebrated their 25th year anniversary. In honour of such a wonderful event, I made an acrylic gift album for them.

The clear album is probably an earlier product from Clear Scraps (love their shaped clear albums). Paper and embellishments are from K&Co. The ribbons are from Michael's $1 spot!

Can you tell I'm in love with the Blue Awning line? I made my dear husband's anniversary card from this line as well... it is so classy and elegant. The colours also work well for both genders. I think it'll also work really well with Basic Grey's Periphery line.. or LYB's Vita Bella. I hope I can do a project mixing those lines ...

I took a class from the Glitz girls, and had fallen in love with clear albums. I think that clear albums make the most wonderful gift albums. I made another one for my BFF for her two girls... They are fun to make and fun to display. I'm thinking if you get a small easel, the album can be easily displayed.

I love making albums that still preserve the 'clear' part. Therefore, I usually leave the edges clear of patterned paper. I also use rub-ons on over the edges and try to do it one corner per page. This way, the layered patterns will show thru without being too cluttered. As for the main design of each page, I just put a little bit of patterned paper in there as the background for the photos. And once the little pieces of ribbons are added to the rings, the album is done!

5 comments:

  1. Hi

    I'd love to know how to do the book...its beautiful ..is it laminated ???

    Love Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Cathy. I just glued on the paper to the clear album.

    The album comes with 5 acrylic pages. They are very sturdy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Shirley,

    I just popped over to your blog from sb.com.

    I love your acrylic album, and the name of your blog.

    I have an acrylic album at home, just haven't been brave enough to try it.

    Have a great day,
    Carol
    3dcaligirl sb.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know I left comments at your sb space. I just had to tell you how wonderful everything looks here.

    You've done such a great job laying out the blog. Your photos are wonderful! Is hubby helping out with his equipment?

    ReplyDelete