Sunday, May 1, 2011

Happy Mother's Day Card

This week's Play Date Cafe Challenge with Sarah Anderson (PDCC79) features the colours red, lime and grey.  This wonderful palette is perfect for a Mother's Day card I'm making for my mother-in-law.  She likes more traditional designs so I went with a relatively simple one.

I layered lime and red patterned paper on the grey cardstock, and stamped butterflies in lime on white cardstock.  For the accent, I used my newly purchased diecut to make the fun rosette.  The Mother's Day sentiment is stamped on white cardstock and cut out careful to make the center of the rosette.  I chose a traditional red ribbon because this is something my mother-in-law would like.   To jazz it up a bit, I used red and white stickles to add a bit of bling to this traditional card.

An early Happy Mother's Day to all of you!  Thanks for looking!!!   I'm hoping to get some craft time this weekend to make more layouts and cards.


Supplies List:
Studio G Stamps
Technique Tuesday Black Ink
SEI, Basic Grey Patterned paper
Sizzix Tim Holtz Rosette Die Cut
Ranger Ink Stickles

4 comments:

  1. Great Rosette Shirley, and fabby trim! Thanks for playing along at the Play Date Cafe :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I love your rosette and the yummy trimmings :) Glad you played with us at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful medallion! And I'm lovin' those fantastic, textural trimmings! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH MY--those little rosettes are just FABULOUS! I am drooling because they are so gorgeous! LOVE! Great card--beautiful medallion! Thanks so much for playing along with us and joining in the fun over at the PDCC:}

    ReplyDelete